Attorney Batyko’s experience includes a record of success in trying cases before juries, judges and arbitration panels in the Pennsylvania Courts of Common Pleas, litigating cases before Workers’ Compensation Judges, the Workers’ Compensation Appeal Board, and the Commonwealth Board of Claims, as well as successfully representing clients on appeal before the Pennsylvania Superior Court and Commonwealth Court.
Specifically, Attorney Batyko’s record consists of:
- Successfully represented an injured party and the estate of a decedent involving a bus accident and negotiated and obtained a favorable settlement in the amount of $2.225 million.
- Successfully represented a class of residential landlords in obtaining injunctive relief preventing the city from enforcing its rental registration program and collecting annual registration fees under the then-existing ordinance.
- Served as counsel in a case successfully tried before the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Board of Claims involving claims by a general contractor on a public construction project for breach of contract and violation of the Commonwealth Procurement Code resulting in an award in excess of $1.2 million.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict awarding a minority shareholder and officer of a corporation damages in excess of $165,000 in a case involving claims of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, fraud, and civil conspiracy.
- Successfully represented general contractors and subcontractors in cases involving breach of construction contracts, prompt payment issues, Labor and Material Performance Bonds, Contract Performance Bonds, and Mechanics Liens.
- Served as counsel and negotiated a favorable settlement consisting of the transfer of millions of shares of publicly-traded stock in a case involving claims of breach of contract and breach of a licensing agreement between a business consultant and a publicly-traded company.
- Successfully represented a business before the zoning hearing board in obtaining variances under the Pennsylvania Municipalities Code and local zoning ordinances in order to construct a 12,000 square foot restaurant, and then obtained dismissal of a competitor’s zoning appeal.
- Successfully represented a construction contractor in obtaining compensatory and consequential damages in a case involving breach of contract, violation of the Pennsylvania Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act, and fraud.
- Successfully represented homeowners as well as subcontractors and contractors in various cases involving breach of contract, the Pennsylvania Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act, the Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act, and the Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law.
- Successfully represented both shareholders and companies in various cases involving claims of breach of shareholders agreements, employment agreements, shareholders derivative actions, and business dissolution actions.
- Successfully represented both companies and former employees in various cases involving claims of misappropriation of confidential and proprietary information, as well as trade secrets invoking the Pennsylvania Uniform Trade Secrets Act.
- Successfully represented individuals and businesses in real estate litigation involving a variety of commercial and residential issues, including easements, boundary disputes, adverse possession, evictions, condemnations, residential and commercial leases, zoning issues, variances, special exceptions, land use planning, and the Pennsylvania Real Estate Tax Sale Law.
- Successfully represented individuals and businesses in proceedings before municipal Housing Appeals Boards and Zoning Hearing Boards.
- Successfully represented individuals and businesses in both residential and commercial real estate closings and related matters.
- Successfully represented individual homeowners in trial and on appeal to the Pennsylvania Superior Court in a case involving a petition to set aside an upset tax sale pursuant to the Pennsylvania Real Estate Tax Sale Law.
- Successfully represented individual appellees on appeal to the Pennsylvania Superior Court in a case involving claims of undue influence, breach of fiduciary duties, and fraud.
- Successfully represented individuals and businesses in commercial litigation involving claims under the Pennsylvania Uniform Fraudulent Transfers Act.
- Successfully represented a construction contractor in a federal case against code enforcement officials alleging violations of equal protection and due process.
- Successfully represented various employees injured on the job, including a police officer, a tractor trailer driver, and a factory worker, in obtaining benefits under the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Successfully represented employees in a case against a former employer involving claims under the Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law.
- Successfully represented numerous motor vehicle accident victims in securing compensation for their injuries.
- Successfully represented multiple local bars and restaurants in business formation and operation and in handling a variety of licensing, compliance, and enforcement issues involving the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board and PLCB rules and regulations.
- Successfully represented a large regional heavy equipment supplier in litigation against the general contractor and the owner of a major mall project in Delaware County, PA involving mechanics liens and claims for breach of contract and violation of the PA Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act, and negotiated a favorable settlement in excess of $120,000.
- Successfully defended a client and negotiated a favorable settlement with the U.S. Attorney’s Office involving alleged violation of the Federal False Claims Act.
- Successfully represented a client injured in a car accident during the course and scope of employment and obtained a favorable settlement in excess of $260,000 to resolve liability, underinsured motorist, and worker’s compensation claims.
- Successfully represented a large regional spray foam insulation company in acquiring the business and assets of another company in an asset purchase deal in excess of $350,000.
- Successfully represented a large regional billboard company before the Palmer Township, PA Zoning Hearing Board, Planning Commission, and Board of Supervisors in obtaining conditional use approval to erect and operate an LED dual-sided digital billboard along a major PA state route.
- Successfully represented an equine veterinarian in multiple commercial litigation actions and recovered in excess of $100,000 for the client from various owners and/or trainers of race horses.
- Successfully represented an injured truck driver in a worker’s compensation case resulting in a favorable settlement of $265,000.
- Successfully represented clients against bars and restaurants under Pennsylvania’s Dram Shop laws pertaining to service of alcohol to visibly intoxicated patrons.
- Successfully represented a class of plaintiffs in excess of 700 residential property owners in a class action case against the city and obtained a successful resolution consisting of refunds to property owners and reduction of the city’s annual fees.
Become our partner
When you need a Lawyer to represent you, contact Batyko Law LLC.. Attorney Batyko has long a history of success! When it comes to Civil and Commercial Litigation, Business Law, Real Estate, Zoning, Land Use, and Municipal Law, Personal Injury and Worker's Compensation we will make sure to get you what you need.